Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Countdown


Written last week...

I leave in six days. I just returned from a weeks visit to Arizona to play golf and visit with good friends. It was great to see the friends but my golf was less than stellar. Actually it was very poor, disappointing to say the least. 

While I was there I did slack off in my training, getting in only one short walk of about six miles. I did however manage to get in lots of wine tasting practice. This part of training is now ahead of schedule.

I did "get back on the horse" today starting with a session with Edwin at the gym. After that session I hiked 7.5 miles with about 21 ponds and included a very good hill test at the 6 mile point. Surprisingly I did not have any issues or fatigue which I expected because of last weeks training being what it was. That was encouraging but I also now have a lump behind my left knee which is a bit of a concern. I did ice it tonight and it seemed to help. I made an appointment to see my Doctor early tomorrow to see what he thinks. It seems like a simple fluid build up which should be easy to fix. The real question is how to treat it while I am away if it flairs up again . Just another part of "the journey".

Tomorrow I have another one hour session with Edwin and then 10 miles afterwards assuming the Doctor does not tell me to rest it or perhaps decides to treat it in a way which keeps me off the hike.

Getting close, hard to believe that it's less than a week away to departure.


No comments:

Post a Comment