Monday, September 3, 2018

Day 8. In Navarrete... it’s hot, really hot.

Day 8. In Navarrete... it’s hot, really hot. 

I walked  into a private men’s social club ... didn’t see the sign “Reservado Para Socios”, tried to order a beer and was told where I was but one of the members stepped up and gave the bartender the okay. I ordered a beer but he gave me a glass of white wine and told me it was .80 Euros, less than a Euro. I thanked my host drank the wine and left. I was a member for about 15 minutes, I hope I don’t have to pay this month's dues.

If you ever walk the Camino do not... do not stay at the Villa Navarette!!! Nothing, absolutely nothing good. Lousy shower, no ice in the building! Are you kidding me?!? The place is empty and they give me a dump of a room on the third floor, clueless.

I have stayed in another Pension nearby and went to see if I could get a room but they are sold out so I’m stuck in this dump. They now have a sign out front offering rooms at 10 Euro which I’m sure is not what I paid. Early out in the am for sure. I will tell the booking people about this dump.


Did I mention that the town plaza is directly across from my room? It’s hot and there isn’t a whiff of a breeze and the entire town is on the plaza. It is now 3:30 in the morning and the stragglers continue... its Saturday night so I guess they will just sleep all day tomorrow. Great for them but not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment